VSC would like to thank everyone who has supported our work in recent weeks as extreme elements of Venezuela’s right-wing opposition have launched a wave of violence seeking the ‘ousting’ of the country’s elected government. VSC has a lot to do – and only has 1 full time staff member, accompanied by committed volunteers – so your support is vital to our work.Below are 5 key ways you can help support Venezuela:
1) Join the VSC, Donate & Affiliate Your Organisation – Becoming a member is the best way you can support us & become involved. A growing, active membership is vital to our ability to provide solidarity. Membership is only £18 (£9 concessions) & includes a subscription to our magazine. You can join by post using the form here or if you join online here you also receive a free Revolution Will Not Be Televised DVD. (Please note that just because you receive our emails does not mean you are a paid-up member – please reply to this email if you would like us to check.) If you are already a member, you can make an additional one-off donation here
2) Be part of our No More Pinochets in Latin America – No to Extreme Right-Wing Coup Plotters in Venezuela! Tour – Organise a Speaker, Meeting or Film Showing in your local area or organisation. As misrepresentation of the current situation intensifies, it is vital we tell the truth about Venezuela. VSC is organising a national speaking tour until May & has a wide range of films you can show, can provide expert speakers & has members across the country who can help you put on an event. Email email@example.com for details & to be part of our No More Pinochets in Latin America – No to Extreme Right-Wing Coup Plotters in Venezuela! tour.
3) Volunteer in the VSC office & at events – we need more help than ever with special mailings in our national office (based in North London) & other tasks from data entry to helping with leafletting / stalls at events. To help email Matt on info@firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Register for our May 10 National Conference, Hugo Chavez’ Legacy & the Ongoing Transformation of Venezuela – Please put the date in your diary & register today. Speakers include : guests from Venezuelan Government & social movements plus Alvaro Sanchez, Venezuelan Embassy – Henry Suarez, Venezuelan writer & historian – H.E. Esther Armentreros, Cuban Ambassador – H.E. Alicia Castro, Argentinian Ambassador- Guissell Morales-Echaverry, Nicaraguan Embassy & many more.
5) Spread our Message on Social Media & Get Active in our Media Action Network – If you would like to help the Media Action Network in our vital work of telling the truth about Venezuela by rebutting media misrepresentations please email email@example.com with the subject ‘join media action network’. You can also follow us on facebook here &twitter here to keep up with the latest information.
Your support is much appreciated both here & internationally – our friends & partners in Venezuela regularly tell us how important our international solidarity is.