We need to elect a new Branch Treasurer as the present holder of this position will be standing down, please consider standing for this position. With many of the senior posts being vacated this is an exciting time for the branch – the dawning of a new era.
Please talk to your UNISON colleagues and find out if any UNISON member is willing to volunteer for the role. Whilst the formal nomination period deadline has passed, election proposals can still be tabled at the branch committee. Consider who you would like to see as the Branch Treasurer and nominate them (with their agreement of course). The person elected to this post is responsible for ensuring that the branch keeps proper, legal accounts and works to a budget which will be set at the AGM. There is also training available for this work.
Below is a brief JD:
- To conduct the financial business of the branch
- To keep accounts in accordance with the rules
- To provide reports on the financial position of the branch to the branch committee
- To provide a detailed financial report for the branch annual general meeting
- To advise branch officers and branch committee in respect of financial matters and appropriate expenditure.
If you have any queries about the post please contact Julia Poynter on 0208 496 4703 or email Julia.email@example.com