Our branch believes in having a member led union. We therefore make sure regular monthly Branch Committee meetings are held; quarterley Branch Meetings are held where you can have your say and elected Branch Officers who stand for election in the first quarter of every year at our AGM.
Our Branch provides the following services:
- Trained Stewards to provide representation for members in all employment matters, such as disciplinaries and grievances, redeployment and redundancy.
- Support and representation for members with disabilities to ensure management meet their legal obligations and implement reasonable adjustments and provide specialist equipment when required.
- A network of Health and Safety Reps who take up health and safety issues in their workplaces and campaign on issues such as hot desking and asbestos.
- Our Welfare Officers can help and advise members with financial problems.
- We have active Black Members and Retired members groups who meet regularly throughout the year.
- UNISON Learning Reps advise members on training opportunities and negotiate with management to ensure learning needs are met.