MOTION FOR BRANCH MEETING ON 13 JUNE
TIMETABLE FOR ACTIONS IN RESPONSE TO THE COUNCIL’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS REVIEW
This Branch meeting agrees to campaign against the Council’s Terms and Conditions Review by working to the following strategy and time table.
1. Make Data Cleansing a priority in order to get records have to be up to date.
2. Encourage all staff of Waltham Forest Council to sign the Joint Unions Petition opposing the proposals.
3. Boycott the Council Survey as a sham.
4. Work with the newly Joint Trade Unions Shop Stewards Group that will be the body that pulls the joint strategy together.
5. Tuesday 14th June – Lobby the Cabinet meeting from 6pm.
6. Tuesday 21st June Register Formal Dispute at the CJCC.
7. Wednesday 22nd June complete the Industrial Action Ballot with UNISON Region.
8. Wednesday 29th June – Joint Trade Unions Lunchtime Rally at Town Hall.
9. Friday 1st July – Launch Branch Consultative Ballot – this is an indicative informal ballot and will be a joint ballot with GMB and UNITE.
10. Friday 22nd July – Consultative Ballot ends.
11. Monday 8th August 2011 – “We’re Not Signing” Pledge Campaign Begins.
12. Week beginning 29th August – possible day of strike action to coincide with Council/Cabinet Meeting.
13. End of October / Beginning of November – possible strike action timed to coincide with the Council despatch of dismissal notices.
14. Possible Day of Strike Action 3rd January 2012 to highlight the proposed date of implementation.
The Branch Meeting notes that there may be changes as discussions with our sister trade unions continue and instructs that all such changes be brought to the next Branch Meeting for agreement and/or ratification.