Daily Archives: 12/11/2020
Dave Prentis will be talking about young members as the future of UNISON and there will be input from current active young members about what their branch does to engage young members.
This is an opportunity to branch activists to get ideas on how to better engage young members and to show young members the important role they play in the future of the union.
The event is open to all members and activists. It will be hosted via MS Teams on Wednesday 18thNovember at 6pm. Email Louise firstname.lastname@example.org register
Saturday 14th November at 11am
We don’t have to live with the virus. Other countries have beaten it, and we can too, with a Zero Covid strategy.
Here’s how you can get involved now, on Saturday and beyond.
11am online rally
At 11am there is an online rally with an amazing line-up of speakers and a Q&A.
- Dr Gabriel Scally, who led the production of Independent SAGE’s Zero Covid report (personal capacity)
- Janet Newsham from the Hazards Campaign
- Larissa Kennedy, President of the National Union of Students (personal capacity)
- Clare Rayner from the Long Covid campaign
- Daniel Kebede, Senior Vice-President of the National Education Union (personal capacity)
- Elane Heffernan, Chair of the University and College Union’s Disabled Members Committee (personal capacity)
- Dalbir Dhillon, Vice-Chair of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union’s Manchester Victoria branch (personal capacity)
- Dr Emma Runswick, junior doctor and member of the British Medical Association’s National Council (personal capacity)
There will be time for attendees to participate in a Q&A too.
Click here to find out more and register.