The workshops are running locally to ensure that local people and organisations are meeting to help strengthen community resilience in the area.
- North Waltham Forest workshop 30th November 5.30 – 6.30pm https://communityresiliencenorthwalthamforest.eventbrite.co.uk
- Central Waltham Forest workshop 30th November 12.30 – 1.30pm https://communityresiliencecentralwalthamforest.eventbrite.co.uk
- South Waltham Forest workshop 2nd December 12.30 – 1.30pm https://communityresiliencesouthwalthamforest.eventbrite.co.uk
The workshop aims to:
- Create a risk register by exploring local risks and concerns about emergencies
- Create emergency plans by discussing what we would do in an emergency
- Create an asset map by documenting local assets and resources that can be used in an emergency
The Community Resilience project works with the community in Waltham Forest to reduce the risk of emergencies, and better prepare, respond and recover from crisis.
The project/workshop is open to everyone! Local residents, voluntary groups, businesses, foodbanks, community centres or organisations, everyone is welcome to join. It will also be a space to meet other local residents and organisations and explore how to support each other in emergencies. The workshop will be held on zoom and the joining details will be sent out prior to the workshop.
Volunteers are needed who would like to shape the project and help make Waltham Forest more resilient to emergencies. Please see the role description here.