Author Archives: admin
Visit bartshealth.nhs.uk/future-whipps for information about the proposals and to complete the online survey.
Demand the government:
1. Scrap the minimum earnings threshold for statutory sick pay
2. Increase the weekly level of sick pay to at least £330 per week
3. Give employers the resources to afford sick pay for their workers
Click here to read more and sign the petition.
The workshops are running locally to ensure that local people and organisations are meeting to help strengthen community resilience in the area.
- North Waltham Forest workshop 30th November 5.30 – 6.30pm https://communityresiliencenorthwalthamforest.eventbrite.co.uk
- Central Waltham Forest workshop 30th November 12.30 – 1.30pm https://communityresiliencecentralwalthamforest.eventbrite.co.uk
- South Waltham Forest workshop 2nd December 12.30 – 1.30pm https://communityresiliencesouthwalthamforest.eventbrite.co.uk
The workshop aims to:
- Create a risk register by exploring local risks and concerns about emergencies
- Create emergency plans by discussing what we would do in an emergency
- Create an asset map by documenting local assets and resources that can be used in an emergency
Sunday 29th November is the UN Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. At a time when physical gatherings are difficult, we are organising an online international rally to show our solidarity. This is being coordinated jointly by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign UK, Jewish Voice for Peace, and the BDS National Committee.
Join us as we bring together a range of Palestinian voices, poets, musicians, and social justice campaigners to rally for Palestine. Click here to find out more and register your free place.
Dave Prentis will be talking about young members as the future of UNISON and there will be input from current active young members about what their branch does to engage young members.
This is an opportunity to branch activists to get ideas on how to better engage young members and to show young members the important role they play in the future of the union.
The event is open to all members and activists. It will be hosted via MS Teams on Wednesday 18thNovember at 6pm. Email Louise firstname.lastname@example.org register
Saturday 14th November at 11am
We don’t have to live with the virus. Other countries have beaten it, and we can too, with a Zero Covid strategy.
Here’s how you can get involved now, on Saturday and beyond.
11am online rally
At 11am there is an online rally with an amazing line-up of speakers and a Q&A.
- Dr Gabriel Scally, who led the production of Independent SAGE’s Zero Covid report (personal capacity)
- Janet Newsham from the Hazards Campaign
- Larissa Kennedy, President of the National Union of Students (personal capacity)
- Clare Rayner from the Long Covid campaign
- Daniel Kebede, Senior Vice-President of the National Education Union (personal capacity)
- Elane Heffernan, Chair of the University and College Union’s Disabled Members Committee (personal capacity)
- Dalbir Dhillon, Vice-Chair of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union’s Manchester Victoria branch (personal capacity)
- Dr Emma Runswick, junior doctor and member of the British Medical Association’s National Council (personal capacity)
There will be time for attendees to participate in a Q&A too.
Click here to find out more and register.
Our public services are under significant pressure to care for, protect and keep our communities going – and you are at the sharp end again.
Against this backdrop, the Chancellor is planning to announce his spending plans for the next year later this month. So, we need to remind him that, as he thinks about the funding of our NHS, local government and public services more widely, we can’t go back to austerity. Click here to read more.
Major new film from Reel News and the Hazards Campaign
As the UK enters a second national lockdown, a major new film from Reel News with the Hazards Campaign is released today. It explains what is being ignored – that the main source of COVID transmission is via workplaces, through airborne transmission. It also shows what we can do about it, with inspiring stories of workplace organisation and collective action … Click here to read more.
Private companies will be able to have a say in how NHS money is spent across north east London after a huge merger planned for next year. Click here to read more.