Author Archives: admin
The government’s plans to cut the Union Learning Fund means hundreds of thousands of workers will miss out on skills and training.
Sign the petition calling on the government to reverse cuts to union learning and ensure working people can access education and skills training.
Why is this important? Click here to read more.
TUC launches free resource for workers facing layoffs.
28 October 202010:00am–11:00am
COVID-19 has shone a spotlight on how hundreds of thousands of workers are severely exploited, enslaved even, to make our PPE and other essential work tools. Click here to read more and register.
Waltham Forest residents may no longer be offered three NHS procedures deemed “a poor use of money” if a merger of local services takes place next year. Click here to read more.
28 October 202010:00am–11:00am
COVID-19 has shone a spotlight on how hundreds of thousands of workers are severely exploited, enslaved even, to make our PPE and other essential work tools. Click here to read more and to register.
Older People’s Day Thursday 1 October 2020 NPC to hold emergency debate on the crisis in the care sector and the impact of COVID-19......
The National Pensioners’ Convention Emergency Webinar Summit on the crisis in the country’s care system on Older People’s Day
Thursday 1 October 2020, 11.30am, please register: email@example.com
Event queries / questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Robertson, TUC Senior Policy Officer
- Nadra Ahmed OBE, Chair, National Care Association
- Dr Crystal Oldman CBE, Chief Executive, Queen’s Nursing Institute
- Sharon Hodgson MP, Shadow Minister for Veterans
- Professor Dame June Clark
- Professor Emeritus of Community Nursing, Swansea University and Board Member RCN Wales
- Councillor Karen Kilgour, Cabinet Member for Adult Services, Newcastle City Council
- Baroness Sally Greengross OBE, co-chair All-Party Parliamentary Groups on Dementia, Corporate Social Responsibility, Intergenerational Futures, Continence Care and Ageing and Older People;
- Dr Arun Baksi, Emeritus Consultant Physician, St Mary’s Hospital, Isle of Wight.
Campaign group We Own It wants people to invite their MP to join the toast on Friday, to build support for a proper, public track and trace system. Click here to read more.
The Covid-19 pandemic has starkly highlighted that having sufficient hospital capacity is vital for our community.
Before the pandemic, Whipps Cross Hospital was running at between 98% and 99% bed occupancy, sometimes with no free beds. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidance states that once bed occupancy goes above 90%, increased infections, re-admissions and mortality are likely. It is fair to describe Whipps Cross as an overstretched hospital. Click here to read more.
Inexperienced project manager says he did not check it complied with fire safety regulations. Click here to read more.
Schoolchildren to protest on Friday in first such action since coronavirus pandemic struck. Click here to read more.