Category Archives: Demonstrations/rallies
Saturday 14th November at 11am
We don’t have to live with the virus. Other countries have beaten it, and we can too, with a Zero Covid strategy.
Here’s how you can get involved now, on Saturday and beyond.
11am online rally
At 11am there is an online rally with an amazing line-up of speakers and a Q&A.
- Dr Gabriel Scally, who led the production of Independent SAGE’s Zero Covid report (personal capacity)
- Janet Newsham from the Hazards Campaign
- Larissa Kennedy, President of the National Union of Students (personal capacity)
- Clare Rayner from the Long Covid campaign
- Daniel Kebede, Senior Vice-President of the National Education Union (personal capacity)
- Elane Heffernan, Chair of the University and College Union’s Disabled Members Committee (personal capacity)
- Dalbir Dhillon, Vice-Chair of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union’s Manchester Victoria branch (personal capacity)
- Dr Emma Runswick, junior doctor and member of the British Medical Association’s National Council (personal capacity)
There will be time for attendees to participate in a Q&A too.
Click here to find out more and register.
TV Licence Campaign......
Thursday 30 July assembling at 11.15 for demo at 11.30-12.00.
The London Region NPC is organising a static demonstration across the road from Downing Street, against the decision to stop the ‘over 75’s free TV licence’ on
NPC would ask that anyone attending wears a mask and socially distances on either side of the banner, i.e. towards Parliament in one direction and Trafalgar Square in the other.
Our NHS deserves better......
This NHS anniversary weekend Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th July, Keep Our NHS Public and Health Campaigns Together are calling for nationwide local events and a national online rally on Sunday 5th July at 4:30 PM to say, ‘Our NHS deserves better’
Sunday 5th July is the 72nd anniversary of the NHS. It was created in the aftermath of World War II, (a conflict that saw 67,100 British civilians killed) to create something better for us all. Continue reading
Black Lives Matter......
WF Trades Council last night was angered at the brutal murder of George Floyd by Minnesota police officers in the United States.
We expressed our solidarity with our brothers and sisters in America facing racist state oppression and violence.
We supported an impartial, public inquiry into the disproportionate number of BAME people dying of Covid-19.
We agreed to protest while protecting ourselves and one another from Covid-19.
At 6.30pm on Wednesday 3rd June, express your anger and solidarity. Choose the option that is safest for you, or do both: Continue reading
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 7 PM – 8:30 PM, Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4RL
Donald Trump’s visit to the UK in the run up to the election will be met with mass protests
Donald Trump arrives in the week before election day and the Stop Trump Coalition, which organised the huge protests against Trump’s visits in July 2018 and June this year, will be out on the streets again on Tuesday 3 December. Click here to read more.
Thursday 21 November 2019, 10.30 – 3.30pm, Queen Elizabeth II Centre, Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3EE. Click here to read more.
Wednesday 27th November at 12 noon, Trafalgar Square, Pensioners’ Network supports Greater London Region NPC campaigning: Protest Halt deaths of pensioners from cold related illnesses – full event details here