Category Archives: Events
The workshops are running locally to ensure that local people and organisations are meeting to help strengthen community resilience in the area.
- North Waltham Forest workshop 30th November 5.30 – 6.30pm https://communityresiliencenorthwalthamforest.eventbrite.co.uk
- Central Waltham Forest workshop 30th November 12.30 – 1.30pm https://communityresiliencecentralwalthamforest.eventbrite.co.uk
- South Waltham Forest workshop 2nd December 12.30 – 1.30pm https://communityresiliencesouthwalthamforest.eventbrite.co.uk
The workshop aims to:
- Create a risk register by exploring local risks and concerns about emergencies
- Create emergency plans by discussing what we would do in an emergency
- Create an asset map by documenting local assets and resources that can be used in an emergency
Sunday 29th November is the UN Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. At a time when physical gatherings are difficult, we are organising an online international rally to show our solidarity. This is being coordinated jointly by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign UK, Jewish Voice for Peace, and the BDS National Committee.
Join us as we bring together a range of Palestinian voices, poets, musicians, and social justice campaigners to rally for Palestine. Click here to find out more and register your free place.
Dave Prentis will be talking about young members as the future of UNISON and there will be input from current active young members about what their branch does to engage young members.
This is an opportunity to branch activists to get ideas on how to better engage young members and to show young members the important role they play in the future of the union.
The event is open to all members and activists. It will be hosted via MS Teams on Wednesday 18thNovember at 6pm. Email Louise email@example.com register
The above webinars are being held by the TUC.
Please click on the link here to find out more and register
28 October 202010:00am–11:00am
COVID-19 has shone a spotlight on how hundreds of thousands of workers are severely exploited, enslaved even, to make our PPE and other essential work tools. Click here to read more and register.
28 October 202010:00am–11:00am
COVID-19 has shone a spotlight on how hundreds of thousands of workers are severely exploited, enslaved even, to make our PPE and other essential work tools. Click here to read more and to register.
Older People’s Day Thursday 1 October 2020 NPC to hold emergency debate on the crisis in the care sector and the impact of COVID-19......
The National Pensioners’ Convention Emergency Webinar Summit on the crisis in the country’s care system on Older People’s Day
Thursday 1 October 2020, 11.30am, please register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event queries / questions please contact: email@example.com
- Mary Robertson, TUC Senior Policy Officer
- Nadra Ahmed OBE, Chair, National Care Association
- Dr Crystal Oldman CBE, Chief Executive, Queen’s Nursing Institute
- Sharon Hodgson MP, Shadow Minister for Veterans
- Professor Dame June Clark
- Professor Emeritus of Community Nursing, Swansea University and Board Member RCN Wales
- Councillor Karen Kilgour, Cabinet Member for Adult Services, Newcastle City Council
- Baroness Sally Greengross OBE, co-chair All-Party Parliamentary Groups on Dementia, Corporate Social Responsibility, Intergenerational Futures, Continence Care and Ageing and Older People;
- Dr Arun Baksi, Emeritus Consultant Physician, St Mary’s Hospital, Isle of Wight.
Schoolchildren to protest on Friday in first such action since coronavirus pandemic struck. Click here to read more.