Category Archives: Retired Members
Older People’s Day Thursday 1 October 2020 NPC to hold emergency debate on the crisis in the care sector and the impact of COVID-19......
The National Pensioners’ Convention Emergency Webinar Summit on the crisis in the country’s care system on Older People’s Day
Thursday 1 October 2020, 11.30am, please register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event queries / questions please contact: email@example.com
- Mary Robertson, TUC Senior Policy Officer
- Nadra Ahmed OBE, Chair, National Care Association
- Dr Crystal Oldman CBE, Chief Executive, Queen’s Nursing Institute
- Sharon Hodgson MP, Shadow Minister for Veterans
- Professor Dame June Clark
- Professor Emeritus of Community Nursing, Swansea University and Board Member RCN Wales
- Councillor Karen Kilgour, Cabinet Member for Adult Services, Newcastle City Council
- Baroness Sally Greengross OBE, co-chair All-Party Parliamentary Groups on Dementia, Corporate Social Responsibility, Intergenerational Futures, Continence Care and Ageing and Older People;
- Dr Arun Baksi, Emeritus Consultant Physician, St Mary’s Hospital, Isle of Wight.
The lowdown on exemptions, payment plans and spotting text and email scams. Click here to read more.
TV Licence Campaign......
Thursday 30 July assembling at 11.15 for demo at 11.30-12.00.
The London Region NPC is organising a static demonstration across the road from Downing Street, against the decision to stop the ‘over 75’s free TV licence’ on
NPC would ask that anyone attending wears a mask and socially distances on either side of the banner, i.e. towards Parliament in one direction and Trafalgar Square in the other.
TRANSPORT chiefs have been warned the suspension of free travel for elderly passengers in rush hour must not become a permanent measure.
Thousands of Freedom Pass passengers were told this week that the dispensation was being scrapped as the government announced a bailout deal for Transport for London (TfL). The move followed a 90 per cent drop in revenue on the buses and trains during the coronavirus crisis and direct advice not to use the network unless journeys are essential.
Measures attached to the £1.6billion deal, however, have included an end to fare freezes and increased congestion charges. And in a bid to also reduce overcrowding, there is also a suspension to free travel for children and, in peak times, for pensioners. Click here to read more.
Housing for the Older Person, Tuesday 7 April 2020, 10.30am to 3.30pm @ TUC Congress House
POSTPONED – NEW 2020 DATE TO BE RESCHEDULED Continue reading
The event will be held on Tuesday 07 Apr 2020 – 10:00 to 15:30 at TUC Congress House,23-28 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LS. Free admission (registration essential). Click here to read more.